John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Maytag Bravos will not Spin. I have had 2 repair techs

Customer Question

My Maytag Bravos will not Spin. I have had 2 repair techs look at the problem. One said the board was bad. So I replaced the board. Still does it. Second repairman could find nothing wrong, he said we were lucky to get five years out of the washer. The locking lid flashes and does not stay on steady. It seems to get hung going from rinse to spin, and you have to turn it drain and spin, but it will not spin the clothes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the complete model number?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
MVX550XW1

That model comes up invalid I think a letter is missing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just give me an answer without all the other charges, like we agreed.

I am not sure what you are seeing the cost of this question is 37 dollars...is that fine to proceed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think this was a mistake to ask for your advice

I am just the tech here I am not sending you nay offers nor can see what you are being sent I do know the question is 37 dollars if you want to proceed I can help you through this I just do not want you to get mad at me for any site issues or confusion.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
MVWX550XW1
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do not proceed