Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Samsung dryer, model DV210AEW/XAA, which stops

Customer Question

I have a Samsung dryer, model DV210AEW/XAA, which stops running after two to three minutes on timed dry. Example: Start at 40 minutes and dryer drum starts rotating as normal, then at 38 minutes unit shuts off and plays the end-cycle chimes. The front display does NOT show any error codes. It does not heat during this time. I have checked and cleaned out the dryer vent tube and verified that air is able to flow without issue while the dryer is running. Recently replaced the heating element, thermal fuse and high limit thermostat due to dryer not heating, and then noticed the unit stopped running after a few minutes. Replaced main power control board, but the issue still persists.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

You need to check the moisture sensors on the unit see if they are plugged in and not broken and check the wiring from them to the board as well. Secondly try to run the unit in a TIMED dry mode and see if it runs the cycle if so then you know it is a moisture sensor issue for sure.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The behavior occurres on both timed and sensor dry. Was first noticed using timed dry.

Can you turn it back on right after it stops?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Same behavior each time.

Does it do it if you set it to AIR DRY?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the same behavior on all settings including air dry.

I am not sure about this one and it may take a bit of time to sort through it, let me see if another tech has any thoughts on it.