Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a whirlpool GBS307 wall oven, we ran the self clean

Customer Question

we have a whirlpool GBS307 wall oven, we ran the self clean and now the burners do not heat up. Everything works except the coils don't get hot?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 10 years old. it's like new and has been used very little. It hasn't been working for 5 years. The model of the panel inside indicates GBS307PDQ11.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was planning to do it myself if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing I can think of. The only thing we use it for now is the timer, would be nice to get it going.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

That is a common issue the high limit thermostat will be burned out and will need to be changed to fix that issue. You will need to pull the unit out and remove the back panel to get at it. Here is a link to part so you can order and see it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!