Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Will a square griddle hurt the glass surface on my electric

Customer Question

will a square griddle hurt the glass surface on my electric range
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. The general rule of thumb is that you should try to use a pan as closely matched in size to the burner as possible. The pan should be no larger than 1" past the size and no less than 1" smaller than the size of the burner. Now with a square pan there will always be areas outside these areas. The only time this will be a "problem" is during extended cooking times when the glass starts to overheat. The burner is thermally protected and will cycle off and on even when set on high. This will not hurt the burner or glass but may not allow you food to cook properly. As long as the bottom of the pan can't scratch the glass and you match size as closely as possible you can use the square pan.

Hello, do you still need help with this question?