Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

The handle on our refrigerator has broken at the top near

Customer Question

The handle on our refrigerator has broken at the top near the top screws. I have a model number: WRT 5415ZVMOO. I think the refrigerator is less than a year old but in any case I would like to replace the handle. If you can help me get a new handle ordered I would appreciate it. Chris *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave. Can you confirm the model number please? I think it is WRT541SZDM00. The 5 before the Z is an S and the last two digits are zeros I think. I will be happy to help you with part numbers for this request. Is it the refrigerator door handle or freezer door? Thanks.

Chris, are you still there? IF the model number I suggested is correct and you need the refrigerator door handle you need number W10837029. You can order it many places online or at a local Sears store. Here is a link to one online store that shows you the picture so you can be sure it is what you need. Door handle link

Since you said the refrigerator is less than one year old I would suggest calling Whirlpool at 1-***-***-**** and see if they will send you a handle at no charge. Sometimes manufacturers are a little touchy about broken knobs and handles but I think you have a good chance to get them to send this no charge. If the model number is ***** the same as I suggest please let me know so I can confirm the correct handle number. Dave

Do you have an update Chris? Do you still need help?