Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a lot of water Inside the refrigerator and everything

Customer Question

I have a lot of water Inside the refrigerator and everything is clean the hose going down the drain and also Inside the compressor area ??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

IS the water pooling under the drawers?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

OK you need to remove the drawers and that shelf above them. There is a drain trough behind them for the refrigerator section and a corrugated drain tube that runs from the drain trough hole through the unit to the drain pan below. That trough is blocked, the drain tube there is blocked or the tubing is cracked and leaking. That is why you are getting water under the crisper drawers. I know you have said you have cleaned everything there, but often I find a cracked tube there causing the issue, there is no other source of water on the unit that can cause that issue. Also check the silicone that seals the trough to the unit I have seen that go bad and then water seeps past there causing the same issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!