Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My kenmore 970C45172-30 front loader wouldnt spin & drain

Customer Question

My kenmore 970C45172-30 front loader wouldnt spin & drain properly so I cleaned the filter, checked the impeller for mobility, ran a snake through the interior & exterior hoses & also made adjustments to my household plumbing to reduce restriction to the greatest extent possible, using 45 degree joints instead of 90. Then I fired her up expecting a stellar outcome. NOTHING! Lights come on but no water flow. However, I forgot to turn the water supply back on before pushing START. But when I did turn it on it didnt help, which is what I am humbly asking for now. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Check for power to the pump does it have power or try to run?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This I dont know & Ill have to tear it all apart again. So, please give several suggestions so that I can try them all as required. Im not an appliance tech but have been a jack of all trades for about 50 years. So I guess I would fit into a medium skill level.

OK first listen if the pump is humming or trying to run when set to SPIN, if you do not hear it you will have to get a volt meter and check across the two terminals to it for 120 volts. If you have power to it replace the pump. If you do not check the wiring from the pump to the board and if that is good you would need a new control board to fix it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.