Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Viking build in fridge/greezer had blue light running back

Customer Question

viking build in fridge/greezer had blue light running back and forth - and it's beeping the alrm button when pushed - doesn't do anything can I try resetting the circuit breaker to reset?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: viking profressional
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: quiet cool performance
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 15.2 plasmacluster ? im a rental place
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Turning the breaker off for at least 15 minutes should reset the electronics. Can you try that (make sure you leave it off for at least 15 minutes) and see if the behavior changes, please?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok .flipped breaker
it's off - i'll turn back on in 15 and let you know status. thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
about to switch the breakers back on........... will update you in just a sec. I'm really hoping this works, having this happen in a vacation rental sucks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Fingers crossed, awaiting good news! :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok. turned them back on - no alarms....... afraid to open the fridge or freezer... I think I will just wait and let it be happy for a bit and I'll contact you if it happens again... if it does the same thing - I asssume that means it needs a new sensor? the running back and forth blue light thing?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

There are several things it could be, likely a control issue, depending on the model. Let me know how it goes!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
will do. thank you.... so far - at least I don't have a rather loud non-stop beeper ringing in my ears :)
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Some peace, finally!