Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have an ice build up on the bottom shelf of my freezer. I

Customer Question

I have an ice build up on the bottom shelf of my freezer. I think the refrigerator model number is ***** Water is also dripping down on the refrigerator shelves. Any idea what the problem could be?
Thanks
Roger Hoge ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

every 8-12 hours your refrigerator goes into a defrost cycle to melt the ice off the evaporator coils, then the water goes down the defrost drain tube to the defrost pan under the fridge, if the tube gets stopped up it will cause the water to back up into the bottom of the freezer and also overflow into the fridge area. The drain will have to be cleaned out.

The drain is located behind the back wall of the freezer under the evaporator coils. You will need to remove the back panel and you will see a small hole under the evaporator that is where the water is suppose to drain, get a air hose if you have an air compressor or a turkey baster and hot water and blow the drain out until the water drains down the hole properly and it will be fixed, let me know if you have any questions.

*******************************************************************************

I hope you feel my efforts to help you in this matter have been adequate and deserve a rating. If so please rate the answer by clicking on the 3rd star or higher on the star rating system at the top of the page at this time so that I get credit for helping you today it will be greatly appreciated. There will be no extra charges for any follow up questions that may follow and I will still continue to help even after you have rated the answer, Thank You.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?