Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My He2plus front loader door does open and a 1 displays. I

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My He2plus front loader door does open and a 1 displays. I took off service door and pull ring to manual open door.. But washer still locks door. No error displyed
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Kenmore Helus. It's about 5 to 6 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Kenmore, He2Plus
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If it's not too complicated. Removing and replacing parts is not that difficult.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. The model number is ***** just behind the door on the door frame of the washer you will see a tag that has the model number and serial number listed, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hold on

Sure

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model:110 47532601
Serial number:HlT4467251

ok thanks for that, give me just a minute

ok follow the directions linked below and put the unit in diagnostic mode and tell me what error code/codes come up, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, will do.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When the instructions say..."control must br
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Control must be in Off status, does that mean washer must be turned off?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Power off I mean?

yes, just unplug it for a minute or two plug it back in and then enter the diagnostics.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
For step 2, do I hold it those 7 times 4 seconds? Or do I release every 4 seconds 7 times?

also in case you need it I have uploaded the tech data sheet for that unit to my google drive for you it has the trouble shooting for each error code that may come up. Depending on the type of error you may have to have an ohm meter to be able to complete the troubleshooting. click here for tech data sheet.

Press the button hold 4 seconds, release wait 4 seconds, do that 7 times in a row

sorry 4 times not 7

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nothing displays

did all the lights on the console turn on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, machine is plugged and after step 2 nothing comes on.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Everything is dark.

ok you are not entering the diagnostic mode correctly then it can be tricky sometimes, just try again. Pick a different button this time, press it in hold it 4 seconds then release it for 4 seconds do that 4 times in a row, you should see an error code in the time remaining display and then all the lights will light up if you enter it correctly.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Press and hold the star button correct? That's where the 'press & hold" is located.

oh no no, pick any button on the console besides the power button

or the start button

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, picking a different button.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, F 28 displays
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
F21 also displayed, now looks like door locked and "clean washer" is on and off.

ok the f28 error means that there is a communication error between the central control unit and the user interface board, do you still have the service panel off the unit?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Clean washer still blinking.

ok that is the reason you are getting that error, there is a ground switch that is pressed in when the service panel is on and will cause communication error between the boards when its not pressed in. So the f21 error is gonna be the issue which is a long drain error meaning the computer is saying its taking too long for the washer to drain between cycles so its shutting down. You will need to check the drain pump clean out for trash or debris, make sure its cleaned out. Then try to run a new cycle, make sure the service panel is on. If it still will not complete a cycle you will need to replace the drain pump because even though it may be running its the impeller is damaged and not moving the water fast enough. Give me just a minute and I will find the replacement part number for the pump in case you have to replace it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, try running different cycle and same problem

also just make sure the switch labeled as number 28 in the diagram below is working, if you have a meter check the switch for continuity and make sure the panel is hitting the switch correctly if that switch is bad it wont do anything see the image below. Also when you try to start a cycle do you hear the drain pump kick on?

here is the diagram

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Souls washer run with service panel off?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would

nope I told you earlier it wont

if you want to leave the panel off for now you can but you have to rig the switch where its pressed in like the panel is on

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's what I thought

so with the switch pressed in is the washer doing anything now? If not what does it do after starting a cycle?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nothing....same as before. Locks and garment light blinks.

do you have a ohm meter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but need to run now.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please forward the part number for the pump.

ok will do, just test the ground switch for continuity make sure its ok, then pull the wires off the drain pump and check the ohms of the pump is should have 12.3 ohms or its bad.

Water Pump WPW10730972 - click here

I linked you to one at repair clinic but you can probably find one cheaper on amazon or ebay just search for that part number on those sites if you want to shop around for a better price.

*******************************************************************************

I hope you feel my efforts to help you in this matter have been adequate and deserve a rating. If so please rate the answer by clicking on the 3rd star or higher on the star rating system at the top of the page at this time so that I get credit for helping you today it will be greatly appreciated. There will be no extra charges for any follow up questions that may follow and I will still continue to help even after you have rated the answer, Thank You.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
12.3 ohms...ok, will do. Thank you.

you are welcome.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?