Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Refrigerator suddenly stopped cooling & freezing. The light

Customer Question

Refrigerator suddenly stopped cooling & freezing. The light goes on. It is 14 years old never had any problems until now. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything in my power to answer your question to your full satisfaction!

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 2 months ago.

can I get a model number when you get a chance to look up your unit sounds like the compressor is not running are the fans inside running can you hear them

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 2 months ago.

hi are you available

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

If the unit has stopped cooling you may have a thermostat control issue or compressor/compressor relay issue. You should pull the unit out and remove the back panel by the compressor and see if it is running or hot if it is not you need to likely have the thermostat replaced. If it is hot or not running the compressor or relay mounted to the compressor may be the issue here.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.