Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a whirlpool 30' electric built in double oven. It has

Customer Question

i have a whirlpool 30' electric built in double oven. It has a panel where you mash which oven you want , bake or broil , then start. The bottom oven works but the top one does not respond to mashes any more. The whole control panel seems like it peels of but I don't know that. Does this sound fixable and about what should it cost?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you have the model number? Also what do you mean by mashes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cannot find the model number The installation booklet says part no(###) ###-####ev.A.No idea what that means The unit is 18 years old, double oven self cleaning top oven manual clean bottom unit. The control unit is plastic and you push/mash the controls
means
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
its 12:14 AM here. Must I stay on here all night or are we taking about a few more minutes. Do no let you have the five dollars and start over again another time?

If you can not find the model it would be hard to say, but if the unit is 18 years old the touchpad may need to be changed out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!