Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My lg side by side fridge is leaking water below the drawer

Customer Question

my lg side by side fridge is leaking water below the drawer in the fridge
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is model # lfx31925st
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is it leaking out of the freezer side? Check the bottom of the freezer for a sheet of ice..let me know what you find

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is not a freezer side. The fridge is at the top of the unit with side by side doors and the freezer is at the bottom of the unit with a pull out drawer. The water is gathering in the fridge under the deli drawer in the fridge

More than likely the drain is plugged up on the evaporator in the refrigerator section Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the refrigerator to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed! The only other thing that could cause that issue is a leaky water line from the filter housing one of these things would be the issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
how to remove the back panel? Once what is all out

You need to remove the back panel there are a couple screws and it just pulls off. I meant once all the shelving is out.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
do you have schematics or images. there does not appear to be any screws, as far as I can tell it is one piece. The only screws I see are the ones holding the rails in for the shelves

Yes that panel just pulls off after removing those screws on the shelve rails

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i will have to look at it tomorrow

Ok no problem!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks sorry I will have to do it this weekend. Please check in with me
On Monday if you don't hear back. Thanks

OK thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please escalate this question i need to know how exactly to remove the part that houses the fan and drain. I've removed all the screws holding in the deli drawer guides and the back bracket for the shelving. And it is still not budging
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
See attached image
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not satisfied with your answer. You told me to remove the shelves and screws and it just slides out. That is not the case. It seems given that I had to tell you the freezer was at the bottom not side by side, and that your recent direction was not correct either, that you do not know about this model. I am not interested in paying $8 more to get the answer for the question I asked initially. Now I have all my food out of the device in coolers and am still no closer to the answer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please opt out of the question and open it to other Experts. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi is someone available to answer this question?