Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool washer model lcr7244hq1. It has quit

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer model lcr7244hq1. It has quit spinning or agitating during the wash cycle. The belt is tight. If you lift the lid it stops as it should. The washer does fill with water and does drain the water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• When it should be washing or spinning, does the motor turn even though it is not washing or spinning?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It seems to be. You can tell it is trying, but nothing happens.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Okay, that is not good. Can you tell if the belt is moving with the motor or if it slips on the pulley?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That I can't tell. Even with a flashlight, the way the parts are laid out, it is hard to tell.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I understand and agree, this is not a service friendly model. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

If the belt is tight and the motor runs, the transmission is most likely at fault if it does not spin or agitate. If this is the case, it is probably time for a new machine. The transmission is ridiculously expensive and very difficult to install. However, the transmission is available at the link below should you decide you would like to pursue repair.

CLICK HERE