John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Jenn-air double wall convection oven model WW27430B which is

Customer Question

Jenn-air double wall convection oven model WW27430B which is about 20 years old. The top convection oven has stopped heating and there is a very low pitch sound like a buzz or siren but must be close to hear it. The lower oven gives a fault code F r both ovens went out at the same time and the lower oven also gives the fault on the broil option as well as bake.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Can you confirm the error code you see on the display, please?
  2. Also, is the noise coming from the control panel or can you tell?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
F r first character is a capital F, the second character is more like half a box, similar to an r. The noise if coming from the control panel when I turn on the convection oven.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The errors for that model are attached. Could it be Fc maybe with a burnt out segment?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think so, I already found those error codes online and it is a lower case, so could not be a capital C as you documented. the control panel is also brand new, just installed earlier today.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I am not sure then, that is pretty strange. I will place your question back to the list for others to see in case another has an idea.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I verify the display works by checking it when the temperature was displayed. All you gave me was a code sheet that I had already obtained from the internet. I'm greatly disappointed that my account was charged for $29 when there was no resolution. and you even solicited an additional $24 for a phone call. I'm sending back the oven control board and will call a repairman to come out to my house. I'm requesting a refund.