Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Barry...does this cost anything to ask questions?

Customer Question

Hi Barry...does this cost anything to ask questions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• So now, there is frost on the back wall of the refrigerator and no fan is running, is that correct?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the fan near the compressor is now not running but wondering if it shuts off sometimes
The fan inside the freezer is not running and we replaced the panel with a used one from an appliance store...still not running
Let me see if I can find the free question of what we did already
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a Samsung French door rf267ab...the fridge isn't cool but the freezer is fine. We bought a used panel with fans for the back of the fridge..fans do not work on either panel. The compressor is warm to the touch...fan in back is running beside compressor. The panel with computer boards haveno lights on...but we unplugged and reset and got an 88 on one side and an 8a or 8b on the other side...I forget...INside the fridge their is some ice buildup but not a lot now since it is ready 53 inside since the reset..
I believe it was reading 24 on the freezer side and 58 on the fridge side..now it is 2 on the freezer and 53 on the fridge..any ideas
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Is the compressor running? If the compressor is running, the fan down there should be running.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The compressor is running but right now the fan near it is not
It was when I first started asking the questions...does it stop sometimes?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

No, the fan should run when the compressor runs. Do you have a meter to test the fan to see if it is getting power? It sounds like the board you got may be faulty.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The compressor fan has been running up until a few minutes ago...maybe the compressor is not running at this moment...I will check it again...we are waiting to see if it comes back on
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does the compressor make the fans inside the back of the freezer run also? Because they are not running
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The compressor was not running...give it a few...I will recheck and see if the fan comes back on
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Yes, the interior fans should run when the compressor runs.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay so the compressor hasn't kicked back on yet but I know for a fact the fans inside the freezer are not running ever...the guy at the used appliance store didn't know if the panel with the fans even worked so we may have replaced with a dud...we wil check when the compressor starts up to see if the fans inside the freezer work as well but I am pretty sure they don't
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you have any idea how long in between the compressor kicks on and off?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay the compressor kicked on and the fan beside it kicked on but the fans in the back of the freezer under the panel are not on
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

So neither fan inside turned on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Periodically we have a water mess on the floor also that accumulates under the refrigerator under the long tray...this has been an ongoing problem..
no..no fans in the panel on the inside back of the freezer are on
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

So we will need to test the power to the fans from the board but if both are not running, I suspect the board has issues.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There are no lights on the board...so tell me how to test the fans
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
With a multi-meter?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a meter to test voltage with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yeah but will have to figure it out...never used it on a fridge
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We are looking for it
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

See the attached page for testing.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That was confusing
Not sure about this meter
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is an ohm meter
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

You will need one that can test voltage. Are you familiar with measuring live circuits?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no I am not really
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But was looking on the green circuit board to match up the picture with this little meter...it has dcv and acv
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If the board wasn't working wouldn't more things be not working
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

So it will need to be set on DCV, DC Voltage. Following the tests on that sheet, you can measure the voltage to those fans. The connections are marked on the board and the wire colors notated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cant find c75 on that board
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
or anything that says fan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Let me look at the diagram again
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

CN75 is the connector number, it will be printed on the board.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I saw c78 but not c75...I know that when I rebooted the fridge I got the rfan error
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

See attached board diagram.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Found it
The all read about 70 dcv there are 6 wires but read the blue cfan, orange rfan and yellow ffan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But I unplugged it from the board and read it from the end of the adapter..was that wrong
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Should it also be checked on the board pins
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

You have to have it plugged in so there is a load on the circuit. You may need to insert paper clips to get enough of a test point for your meter probes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I touch the metal plates for each wire
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
blue cfan was 175 orange rfan was nothing and yellow ffan was 250
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

The voltage should be between 5 and 12 volts. What do you have your meter set on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
dcv10
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

So you are reading .175 or where is the decimal?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its not digital no decimal just read the line that says dcv says dcv then ma underneath
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Can you take a picture of the meter display when you test so I can see what you are seeing because the readings you posted are not right.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
on the meter itself I can choose 100 at the bottom or DC or dcv10 dcv 50 or dcv 250 or dcv1000
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

I am afraid that you may need to call for service at this point. I am going to place your question back to the list in case another has an idea how to best help you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am sending pics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I test at dcv 250 I get a lower number but still nothing on the orange wire
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I sent the pics to the phone number on my phone..did you get them or do you give up