Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Gas Range Model MGR5795QDW and it keeps

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Gas Range Model MGR5795QDW and it keeps locking on me
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model MGR5795QDW
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: the lock continues to flash
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it just started a month ago but has really gotten worse with in the last 2 days. No power outages within the month
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else I can think of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your range today. If the lock light continues to flash and the door keeps randomly locking, this means that one of the switches on your door latch is opening or closing when it shouldn't be so the latch is rotating and trying to find the correct location. This is usually brought on by heat at first but as time goes on it'll start acting up intermittently even when the oven isn't in use. The latch assembly will need to be replaced to resolve this issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.