Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Samsung rf24fsedbs raa french door fridge I have a

Customer Question

I have a Samsung rf24fsedbs raa french door fridge I have a new Da97-13718a ice maker. It slides over a cooling hoop attached to fridge. This hoop is attached to a square plastic piece filled with styrofoam but the styrofoam is cracked around where hoop comes out. Also, always have frost built up in ice maker freezer temp 0F
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• The frost in the ice maker is not normal and is indicative of an air leak, usually around the opening for the dispenser. If you use a flashlight to shine, does light get around the seal when the flapper door is sealed?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the question was that there is a crack in the styrofoam in the box that houses the cooling loop unto which the new ice maker slides also below that is another plastic square at its seems it is pulled apart and some black foam shows and when we defrost icemaker water comes out of there.. it was suggested at appliance pros that we silicone this have you seen the back of this unit when ice maker is removed? I have been billed but you gave me absolutely no answer.. I realize that frost in ice maker is not normal that is why I contacted you
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I will place your question back to the list.