Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have a whirlpool duet front load washer with error codes F5

Customer Question

Have a whirlpool duet front load washer with error codes F5 & E3
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. Your error code does mean that the washer thinks the door latch has failed which means that either the door latch is faulty, the wires between the latch and the main control board in the front right corner (attached to the right side wall above the drum) are damaged, or the control board itself isn't reading the latch properly and needs to be replaced. If you already replaced the latch and you still have the error code, check the wiring and if the wiring all checks good, you need to replace the control board I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.