Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Frigidaire 1500 Series Dishwasher with blinking lights. 9

Customer Question

Frigidaire 1500 Series Dishwasher with blinking lights. 9 years old, never an issue till now
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i just did.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: are you a live person?
JA: No. I'm the Appliance Technician's Assistant.
Customer: Frigidaire 1500 Series Dishwasher
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: blinking lights, won't start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag should be on the tub once the door is opened.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Frigidaire 1500 Series Dishwasher
Model: FDB1500LFCO serial: TH72935159
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can you give me all the reset information I should try?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The tech sheet for your model is attached. Will the Water/Service diagnostic cycle start?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks, I'll check.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Roger that, thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i had several lights blinking, after holding the hi temp and start/cancel at the same time I have only the Heat/Dry light blinking.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
FYI I had tried resetting the circuit breaker and some button pressing combination I found online before I contacted you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. So it never started the service cycle, only lights blinking?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

I believe the electronic control is faulty and will need to be replaced, available below.

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the screws from around the inner door and separating the panels.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HI Kelly.
I ordered the part, install seemed easy but now the only light that will go on is the HeatDry with the lock icon. I thought maybe there is a button sequence to reset it, but I don't know what it is and can't find any info other than the Water/Service diagnostic cycle that will not start...
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Press and hold the Heat Dry button until the lock goes off and try a cycle, please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, I'm texting my wife who is at home to try it. I think I did that several times already though.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If it;s working, what lights would you expect to see after the power goes on? Is the HeatDry the one?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The lights that should go on are the cycle selection and any cycle modifiers.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know I tried allthe buttons both with the HeatDry on and off. HeatDry is the only light that has lit since the new board went in.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Any trouble connecting the front touch panel with the control buttons on it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My wife is not responding, but can we assume that I already tried turning the HeatDry off and couldn't get a cycle to start? If so what's next?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't think I had trouble with any connections.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

That would only leave the interface board at the link below. Odd that only one light comes on now, though.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But I just unplugged the old board and made sure to connect the same wires to the same place on the new board
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

It may be a short in that board, it is hard to say.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK. But when I contacted you last time all the lights seemed to work, many were flashing. Unless I cause the short while replacing the control board (with the breaker off - no power), then it seems unlikely that it was a short before I opened it up. Don't you think?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Yes, that is why I asked if you had trouble getting the board installed. It is an issue with one of the boards but it is unlikely to be with the new board.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The new board install didn't require touching or moving the interface board though.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

It plugs into the main board, though. Maybe a pin got bent or shorted, it is hard to say with electronics. Without the control diagnostics working, it is impossible to know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my wife is eye-ing labor day sales... what are the chances that this other board does not fix the dishwasher?I guess it woul be worth me checking the connections again. If things work we should be able to just start the dishwasher as soon as I power the unit up again , right?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

There are only the two boards in the control circuit, so if they are both replaced, unless there is something shorted that is damaging the board when installed, it is pretty much guaranteed to fix it. If you ordered through the link I provided, they will take the control you bought back should you decide to replace the machine.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, thanks so much.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a recommendation for a reliable dishwasher if we have to replace?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

You are very welcome. Sorry this has turned into a bit of a nightmare for you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
a brand you trust I mean.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

If I was in the market for a new one, I would buy a Bosch with a stainless tub. It is worth the investment to get the steel tub over a plastic tub. They dry better and are much quieter.

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

They seem to be having much fewer problems than some of the other brands.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
cool, thanks. have a good one!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

You as well, thank you!

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!