Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool frig is 2 years old and it is 10 above in top

Customer Question

My whirlpool frig is 2 years old and it is 10 above in top freezer and 54 in frig. I've defrosted the control in the back of freezer and set the temp to max and this is the temp I get. It runs a lot and I hear a gurgling sound. Could this be from low refrigerant?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years model wrt31fzdt00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can do some things.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately you are correct. If the unit is running constantly then it means the thermostats are working properly. If you're getting a gurgling sound then typically that means you're low on freon. If everything behind the back panel inside the freezer is thawed out and the fan is running, you'd need a technician to check the freon pressure. If you have a freon leak the silver coils will be silver on some of the coils while being frosted on other parts. If everything was working normally the coils would lightly frosted from top to bottom and left to right.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.