Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Maytag side by side fridge icemaker stopped working.

Customer Question

maytag side by side fridge icemaker stopped working. replaced water filter and blew thru water line no water being dispensed into ice maker
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 years old I do not have model # with me
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes plan on doing work myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: everything else works
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Hi there the water inlet valve is a dual valve has two solenoids on it one for the water dispenser and one for the ice maker, one side can work and the other fail, so you can have water being dispensed and still not water getting to ice maker. You will need to replace the water inlet valve, if you give me the model number of the refrigerator I will be glad to give you the replacement part number, thanks.
I hope you feel my efforts to help you in this matter have been adequate and deserve a rating. If so please rate the answer by clicking on the 3rd star or higher on the star rating system at the top of the page at this time so that I get credit for helping you today it will be greatly appreciated. There will be no extra charges for any follow up questions that may follow and I will still continue to help even after you have rated the answer, Thank You