Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My 596.77596801 won't cool nothing running but do have

Customer Question

My 596.77596801 won't cool nothing running but do have power..
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yep...still nothing
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, have repaired refrigerators before..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Trio comes with diagnostic guide but I cannot access it because the controls just show "off" and are unresponsive...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately you can't get into diagnostics because the display board known as the "jazz board" has failed or the touchpad has failed which is why everything is unresponsive. Now if one of the "UP" button is stuck that will cause the unit to shut off and show OFF on the screen. Press and hold the down button and see if you get any response at all on either the refrigerator or freezer section. If it won't respond, then I'd replace the display board first.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.