Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I bought a brand new whirlpool refrigerator with side door

Customer Question

I bought a brand new whirlpool refrigerator with side door ice maker; but it barely makes
any ice at all. I don't think it has ever filled up the container -- even when we have been gone for the weekend. Was it not installed properly???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• The ice maker is very dependent on the temperature for producing ice. It will not harvest until the mold thermostat reaches about 15* F.
  1. How is the temperature in the ice maker area, do you have a thermostat to place in there to test it?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?