Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Washing machine model WBSE3120B1WW. During the

Customer Question

I have a GE Washing machine model WBSE3120B1WW. During the spin cycle it makes a lot of noise and getting louder. I am guessing a bearing is worn. Can this be fixed for a reasonable price? Is there a place I can bring it in myself to be worked on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So you are correct that if it's making sort of a roaring noise that gets louder as it spins fast it means that your bearing is going bad. You would either need to replace the bearing and seal yourself or you'd need a technician to come out and replace the bearing for you. I don't know of any places you can just bring the washer into to have it repaired. Replacing the bearing isn't the same as replacing the seal except that it's located under the tub which you need to remove to replace the seal anyways. Either way, below is a video that shows you how to replace the seal (there isn't one that I know of that shows how to replacing the bearing) but since you need to replace the seal as well as the bearing the process should be pretty clear in the video below as to what you need to do.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.