Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am having an issue with my Whilpool dryer model

Customer Question

I am having an issue with my Whilpool dryer model GEW9250PW1. I think it is the control board. Sometimes it works fine. But most of the time now, I can get the control board to come on and when I do, I can only select a few modes. Most of the modes display dashes in the time remaining and won't let me start dryer. Any idea?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whilpool GEW9250PW1. About 10 years old. Maybe more,
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon. You are correct to assume that you have a bad control board, but there are actually 2 control boards on this model dryer. The only one that can cause the issue where the display shows dashes when you select most modes is the interface control board which is the one behind all the buttons you're pressing. Unfortunately the interface control board will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for interface control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.