Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Maytag Bravos ecoconserve. Model MVWX5500XW0, runs till

Customer Question

Maytag Bravos ecoconserve. Model MVWX5500XW0, runs till second rinse spin cycle, then quits. Flashing lid-lock light. clear codes, does it again, sometimes will start second rinse cycle, spin awhile, then a loud snap, along with a loud ratcheting noise, as basket slows down, clicks, then ratcheting noise gone, (overrunning clutch)? Power to motor goes away at loud snap. Alternates codes for basket speed sensor, and motor fault codes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

From what you are experiencing, I suspect the Shift Actuator may be faulty. That is very common and causes the symptoms you are seeing. Also, check the large pulley to see that the bolt is tight and the pulley is not loose. The actuator is available below. There is a video at that same link to show how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE