Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a MALBER WD 800 combination washer/dryer vintage

Customer Question

I have a MALBER WD 800 combination washer/dryer vintage approximately 20 years. It was in dry storage new and unused until 1 year ago. Installed properly last year and had about 10 loads put through it without issue. A guest recently tried to use it and now it will not stop going from one cycle to the next without stopping and going to dry.
Checked all the obvious connections and pump (it has a filter in line) and all the plugs to the equipment seem to be intact.
Can't find anybody in the area that knows about this brand. Also, will need the source of parts, if needed.....thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

It sounds like the issue is with the timer control, number B920 on the third page at the link below. Does this look like your panel?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Kelly,
Well, I figured it could be in the timer/control circuit, but I was looking for the way to repair it. I also requested the source for parts in case I need a new timer.....could you please forward me that information....and by the way, the referenced part number in your reply was incorrect it's B290.....
thanks,
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for the typo. I will place your question back to the list so another may be able to help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If there is any way to check that the timer/control is faulty I'd like to try to find out. I have a VOM and can check resistance, etc.
Also, and most important, a source for parts....I can't seem to find one......thanks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The timer control referenced in Kelly's first response doesn't look like the one in the machine in question.....A source for replacement parts would be helpful....thanks