Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Samsung refrigerator 2-3 years old. All of za

Customer Question

I have a Samsung refrigerator 2-3 years old. All of za sudden the computer display has large characters OF twice. Whats wrong and how do I turn the OF's off.
Thank you
Jay Holsinger
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. First, OF OF means that your unit somehow went into demo mode. It's actually rather difficult to accidentally put the refrigerator into demo mode. This is a common way for the Samsung refrigerators to fail so it may not be able to be reset. To try to reset the issue, press and hold 2 buttons together. These two buttons are the POWER FREEZE and ENERGY SAVER mode buttons together for 5 seconds and that will exit demo mode. If it doesn't exit, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't work, you need a new display board because the display board has failed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.