Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have GE Quiet Power3. It is not draining. No other

Customer Question

I have GE Quiet Power3. It is not draining. No other problems with it until Sunday. I have run drain cleaner through disposal. Still not draining.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: GLD6860N20SS It's about 5 or six years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is simple yes. If a repair person is recommended I will do that
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have had no problems with this model until this past Sunday.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. First, what you'll need to do is pull the dishwasher out and disconnect the drain hose from the drain pump. Blow through the drain hose to make sure it's clear all the way up to your drain pipe or disposal under your sink. Next, remove the drain pump and check for a blockage in the drain pump impeller itself. If it's clear, then all you can do is test power to the drain pump when the drain pump should be running. You'd need a multimeter to test this and iff you have 110 volts and the dishwasher doesn't drain out all the water, the pump is inefficient and needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.