Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an Amana ABD-2 dishwasher. the instructions do not

Customer Question

i have an Amana ABD-2 dishwasher. the instructions do not show you how to clean the filter....dishes have some food particles stuck to them after there something i should try to clean out before i service it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK perfect, thank you. So there are no real instruction for cleaning the dishwasher exactly, but to clean the filters and screens you would need to take the pump apart from the top down and just clean anything you see as far as built up with a tooth brush. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to take the pump apart so you can do this. Now the video is showing you how to replace the seals and impeller, but unless the center shaft that the impeller connects to is plastic and not metal, it's really not something you need to do. If you do happen to have a plastic shaft, then you'd want to order and replace the kit in the video because that can affect the dishwasher and how it washes since the plastic shaft strips out over time which is why it was re-designed with a metal shaft now.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.