Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My Samsunng refrigerator is not cooling properly. The

Customer Question

My Samsunng refrigerator is not cooling properly. The freezer is fine. We had a service man replace the motherboard and the fan inside the back of the unit but it won't get cooler than 58 degrees. The display says it is 37 but my thermometer says it is only 58. My technician does not know what to do at this point
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the display is showing as being 37 in the refrigerator then the computer thinks it at the proper temperature in the refrigerator and is not supplying cooling to that section. Since the board has already been replaced the only other thing that could be causing that issue is that the temperature sensor in the refrigerator section is corrupted and sending the wrong resistances back to the main control board and that is why its reporting the wrong temperatures. If you would give me the model number of the refrigerator I will be glad to give you the replacement part number for the temperature sensor that needs to be replaced.

I hope you feel my efforts to help you in this matter have been adequate and deserve a rating. If so please rate the answer by clicking on the 3rd star or higher on the star rating system at the top of you page at this time so that I get credit for helping you today it will be greatly appreciated. There will be no extra charges for any follow questions that may follow and I will still continue to help even after you have rated the answer, Thank You.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is model RF 32FW*DB**

ok thank you for that information give me just a moment to get that part number for you.

Refrigerator Temperature Sensor

Part #: DA32-00011C - click here