Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Buy washer is locked. The hourglass symbol is showing. And

Customer Question

Buy washer is locked. The hourglass symbol is showing. And nd was showing. How do clear the clogged drain if that is the case?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung model WF350ANW/XAA. The warranty ends in September. About 3 to 4 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: With a little help.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything. We did put a new door lock on last summer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. First, the hourglass just means the washer is in the middle of a cycle. The "ND" means that your washer isn't draining however as you suspected so we'll have to look into that issue. There is a small access panel in the front right bottom corner of your washer. You'll need to unplug your washer first, but there is a 3" diameter plastic drain cap that you can unscrew and remove to clear any blockage that can clog the pump. All the water in the tub will come pouring out so you need a wet vac or lots of towels when you remove the cap so be ready. Either way, clear any debris in the drain catch and if you removed anything that might clog the pump then you can re-install the filter and try again. If it still doesn't drain or you didn't find any debris, the drain pump itself would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.