Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I was just speaking with you I believe regarding my

Customer Question

I was just speaking with you I believe regarding my whirlpool gold refrigerator not cooling, but freezer is just fine. I got disconnected on my phone.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 years old. Model # GH5FHTXVY05
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I noticed last week frost build up on back of fridge on the bulky plastic panel. Then went away and yesterday, refrigerator stopped cooling
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

IS there frost built up on the evaporator behind the freezer panel and are the fans running?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is no frost build up anymore and I am not sure? I am a complete beginner when it comes to refrigerators but trying to see if I can solve the issue before calling a technician to my house. I know the freezer fan is and I believe the refrigerator fan is, yes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The freezer fan is a lot louder than the refrigerator though.

OK is the compressor running on the unit?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have no idea. It's blowing out air in the back.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you still there?

Yes I am still here

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What's next? Is this sounding like something you can help with or do I need to call a technician out?

Can you remove the rear panel in the freezer to check the evaporator

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.