John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

This is an amana fridge model abb1924deq the freezer is

Customer Question

hi pearl this is an amana fridge model abb1924deq the freezer is working fridge is warm no air flow from bottom freezer when door freezer door is opened air flow is better . we have defrosted and there is no frost or ice externally or on refrigerant lines ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model abb1924deq 15 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it is possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: all this started when door to freezer was accidently left open and freezer partially thawed out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Was the evaporator frosted up really bad?