Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a ASD2522WRB01 SS refrigerator and the ice maker

Customer Question

I have a ASD2522WRB01 SS refrigerator and the ice maker stopped making ice 2 weeks outside the warranty. The water dispenser works fine and the ice maker works if I manually put water in the tray. I am a single female and a litlle handy. Is this something I could fix myself? Any ideas or suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Check the trough tube to the icemaker, it is likely iced up and blocking water flow to the icemaker unit that is why it will work if you pour water in it manually. Defrost that tube and make sure it is clear then try it. Also make sure your freezer temps are not below 0...set freezer to 0-PLUS 3 degrees to prevent a frozen trough tube.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The part of the trough that I can see is not frozen or blocked. Is it possible for the tube to be blocked if the water dispenser is working?