John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Whirlpool duet dryer starts and sounds like it will run, but

Customer Question

whirlpool duet dryer starts and sounds like it will run, but light stays on sensing and it stops
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: gew9250plo
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it worked fine last night and started this today. it would run for about 5 min then stop
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Does the drum turn at all?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am a novice. it did but has stopped

So what does it do exactly now run at all or nothing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is stuck on sensing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it sound like it gets a connection then will not run and the sensing light stays on
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.