Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

May tag epic z electric dryer shuts off after 10 seconds

Customer Question

Restart it shuts down after 5 seconds
Gave 1 code of PF once
Continuity in Thermistor and Thermostat
Have cleaned line and inside of lint
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No idea of age
Model # MEDZ600TW2
Motor turns freely but drum has some drag
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: You bet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've taken apart and have access both ends
Replaced heating element 7 months ago
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Couple of times would not restart and no display
I turned the drum and held down power button and display came on and restarted
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

PF flashes to indicate that a power failure occurred while the dryer was running. So its possible that you have an issue with the wiring to the dryer dropping voltage. Test the the voltage at the dryer plug where it mounts the dryer terminals and make sure you have 110/115 on each leg and 220/240 total if not that is the issue not the dryer. However if you do have voltage I would pull the top off and check the wiring from the terminal block to the main board for loose or burnt wiring. If all that looks good then put the unit in diagnostic mode and see if any other error codes have been stored in the computer. Give me a moment and I will send the instructions for doing that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ran a diagnostic
No other codes just PF code once

and just to let you know normally when I come across that model dryer having multiple PF failures and the wiring is good then the main board is usually shot.

Here is the tech data sheet for that model the link is below. click here to download

If you have already ran the diagnostics and everything checks out check the voltage as I said before and if that is good then you have main board failure. Give me a moment and I will find you the replacement board.

Dryer Electronic Control Board

Part #: WPW10111606 - click here

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?