John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Kenmore elite propane range that is a little over 1

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Kenmore elite propane range that is a little over 1 year old and I have no power to the appliance. I am disabled and collect SSDI so I have a very limited budget however I am very intelligent and can fix most anything as long as I have the information to narrow down the issue. The control board, which does not have any over current protection saw 120V on both the line and neutral side due to a malfunction of a generator. I have the (2) boards out and in front of me. I had 120V on the primary side of the transformer but had around 5V on the secondary side. Can someone please tell me what is the average voltage on the secondary side of the transformer. Normally when something burns up electrically there is a distinct smell. There is no burned scent coming from this assembly. Thank you in advance for your help. Peter Hudson
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

FIrst what is the complete model?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model # 790.74333310
Serial # VF42904052
My skill levels on a scale 1-5:
Mechanical- 5
Line Voltage Electrical- 5
Electronics- 3.5
I completely understand how to use a multi meter. Hope this helps.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I had an electrical schematic that would tell me the voltage and or ohms on this assembly would give me enough information to troubleshoot