Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Samsung gas oven, model #, NX58F5500SS, is not turning

Customer Question

My Samsung gas oven, model #, NX58F5500SS, is not turning on. It does not light up. Error code E-08 appears on display.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. Error E-08 means that your oven isn't preheating. You'll need to pull the oven out and unplug it. Remove the back sheet metal panel and look for a 1" round black and silver device with 2 wires going to it. That is your thermal fuse. Test continuity through this part and if it's open, replace it. If it has continuity then is sounds like your oven igniter is getting weak or failed. The oven igniter is designed to last 6-8 years before it gets too weak to open the oven gas safety valve so the oven won't heat. The igniter below the floor inside the oven would need to be replaced to resolve that issue. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for igniter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?