Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The T40 tubular lightbulb in one of the two lights

Customer Question

The T40 tubular lightbulb in one of the two lights illuminating the stovetop beneath burns out within a day or two. This happens consistently. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So you may have to replace the socket if it keeps burning out the bulb. Usually the bulb fails due to a poor connection between the light socket and the bulb. The bulb shouldn't be reseting on the glass either which again could be corrected when the socket is replaced, but just to make sure you have all your bases covered, I'd replace the light bulb socket.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?