Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I just replaced the door gasket on my Kenmore Elite washing

Customer Question

I just replaced the door gasket on my Kenmore Elite washing machine (model***********. When I plugged it in I got code F73, and when you hit start or power it goes blank. What did I miss?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

The F73 error is a User Interface error and normally is a wiring issue, in other cases it must be replaced, most likely you have a loose wire/plug between the CCU & User Interface. Re-check all the wiring and connections, if they all look ok, unplug each one from each board and plug them back in just to be positive. Then try it again, also make sure you plugged the door lock assembly back in.

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.