Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

RSD30 I have a new bevel to replace old cracked one. I do

Customer Question

RSD30 I have a new bevel to replace old cracked one. I do not have "burner removal tool" as it was not included in the replacement part. Is there anything else I can do to get this assembly off the top so I can get below? Or can I get to it from underneath via the oven? Is there a video that shows how to accomplish this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately there is no video but the burner tool will be needed to remove the rings around the center of each burner base which hold the top down. You can try to remove the control panel without removing the top cooktop, but the cooktop will likely hold the top in. Either way, just open the oven door and remove the screws coming in from below the control panel. Pull all the knobs off and then try to pull the control panel off. If you can't remove it for replacement, then you'll need the burner tool to remove the top panel also. Below is a link to the burner tool.

CLICK HERE for burner removal tool

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?