Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Maytag Dishwaher, W10438345 has a flashing "start" button

Customer Question

My Maytag Dishwaher, W10438345 has a flashing "start" button which we cannot cancel. And we can only start it washing after hitting a lot of buttons, going through the delay buttons, and having something other than "normal" on. But we don't really know what sequences will work. Help now please :(
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The flashing start button is actually an error code stating that your touch control panel has shorted. In specific, it thinks the start button has been held down for more than 17 seconds. Try to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and then heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer. Rub your thumb over the touchpad start button to see if you can unstick the button in case it's just stuck. Let it cool and re-apply power. If it still goes back to one of the buttons flashing, the entire touch control panel will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?