Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have an eletrolux dryer that stopped heating. i opened the

Customer Question

i have an eletrolux dryer that stopped heating. i opened the back and found a 1" rubber belt that seems to have broken. also the dryer drum seemed to be making a sound like it was bouncing or coming loose.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: ewmed65htso
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it just a sensor that was on the inside of the drum came off about a year ago
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

You may have a couple issues. First the belt and secondly the bearing and heating element. Are you handy?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an eletrolux dryer that stopped heating. i opened the back and found a 1" rubber belt that was broken. the dryer drum sounded like it was bouncing off the tracks before it stopped working. it was almost like it was off the tracks or a gear broke. also there was a temp sensor that broke and fell into the drum about a year ago but it worked without that sensor being attached.

Yes you will need to install a new belt and a bearing kit on the unit. Can you do that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know where can I get a new belt bearing kit and how hard is it to replace that?

Watch this video CLICK HERE replace that belt and then check the rollers on the unit the roller sleeve bearings may be worn out causes the bouncing.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!