Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Freezer is not freezing how to make it freeze and ice maker

Customer Question

Freezer is not freezing how to make it freeze and ice maker to make quick ice this was bought used we waited 4 hours to plug up next morning no ice it has new water line on has a plug dangle on ice maker ?
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Whirlpool stainless steel modelwrf989sdamoo serial number 23106493
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not now
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

First, the icemaker won't make ice until the freezer gets down to temperature. If the freezer isn't freezing, you have a sealed system issue. It sounds like you may have laid the unit down if you waited 4 hours to plug the unit in and unfortunately that's not a guarantee that the unit will work normally after laying the unit down. Either way, you could have a freon leak, an inefficient compressor, or a restriction from laying the unit down. You'd need a technician to come out and check the freon pressure and tap into the sealed system to know exactly what needs to be replaced or if it just needs to be recharged.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?