Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool Gold Model GSC308PJS05 built in

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Gold Model GSC308PJS05 built in oven/microwave. The microwave was not working. When I selected time to cook in microwave I got error code "door". In attempt to fix the door error I pressed in the door latches :(. Now the door will not stay shut. Is there a way to get to those latches to reset them and what is the door error from?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also, I should have mentioned the light is also out in the microwave. That went out about a month ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your microwave today. Actually, the error "door" is misleading on the oven microwave combos. The "door" error appears when one of the fuses in the microwave fails because it cuts power to all the door switches. Unfortunately there are several fuses that could have failed and none of them are easy to access. The most likely fuse that has gone bad is the fuse behind the control panel up above the microwave.

To access, the bottom door will need to be opened, then the 2 screws going into the left and right side trim unscrewed. They are located near the bottom just on the inside of the trim. Remove both screws and the trim will pull out at the bottom and then straight down. That will expose 2 screws going into the control panel from the right and left side. Remove these screws and the control panel will pull off.

As for the other fuses if you find that the main bus fuse is good, once you remove the control panel remove the screws going into the vent below the control panel and pull the vent off. Now open the oven door and remove the screws going into the vent below the microwave and remove the vent. There are 2 screws going into the feet of the microwave. Remove these 2 screws and then grab the bottom of the microwave and pull it out about 10 inches or so. Then you can access the fuse behind the control cavity just to the right of the microwave.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do I get the door to close now?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

The microwave would need to be pulled out of the oven frame as I instructed below if you flipped one of the door latches down. Then you'll need to flip the latch back to the open position manually when you can reach behind the front of the microwave. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?