Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our front load washer door lock light is flashing and door

Customer Question

Our front load washer door lock light is flashing and door won't open and washer won't start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Is the pump running, too?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No nothing is working...can't open door and no lights go on except for flashing door lock
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you there??
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Any clicking or buzzing at the door lock or is it all quiet with just the lock light flashing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No clicking or buzzing...just the usual "ding sound when I press lock or start
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hmm, it sounds like a lock failure if the pump is not running. Do you know what model the washing machine is?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Whirlpool Duet, top of the line, 2yrs old
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

There are screws along the back edge of the top panel. Once removed, the top will slide back and off. Once it is off, you can reach down and manually unlock the door to get to the model tag.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The model # for the companion dryer is WED94HEAWO.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

So it is probably a WFW94HEAW0. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The door lock is number 6 in the diagram at the link below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!