Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have ge monogram ice maker and it is making a bunch of

Customer Question

I have ge monogram ice maker and it is making a bunch of noise. The water is running and then it appears to shut down....only to repeat itself again
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with you rice mater today. The nose you're hearing is the drain pump below the ice maker running. This is the part that will cut power to the ice maker and shut it down if it's not draining out fast enough. Now you can make sure that the drain hose isn't kinked between the ice maker and wherever you have your drain located, but other than that the drain pump itself would need to be replaced. Unfortunately the drain pumps are very expensive and probably the most common part to fail on these ice makers.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?