John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a whirlpool Duet Storm Dryer that will not power on.

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool Duet Storm Dryer that will not power on. There is power to the outlet. I confirmed that. I am thinking maybe the fuse in the machine itself?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2-3 years. WED95HEXW0.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possibly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

You will need to put the unit into diagnostic mode and tell me what error code you are getting follow the directions below, thanks.

1. Be sure the dryer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).

2. Select any three (3) buttons (except POWER) and follow the steps below, using the same buttons (remember the buttons and the order that the buttons were pressed): Within 8 seconds, • Press and Release the 1st selected button, • Press and Release the 2nd selected button, • Press and Release the 3rd selected button; • Repeat this 3 button sequence 2 more times.

3. If this test mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console are illuminated for 5 seconds with “888” showing in the Estimated Time Remaining three-digit display. If there are no saved fault codes, all indicators on the console will momentarily turn off, and then only the seven segment display will come back on and display “888”.

NOTE: The Service Diagnostic mode will time out after 5 minutes of user inactivity, or shut down if AC power is removed from the dryer.